a journal of a researcher

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Google I/O 2010

Google I/O 2010 finished on May 20. Very interesting to see what google is doing.

1. Android: the message pushing is innovative. You can push content from Web browser to the Android device. Other things you can imagine from google search and from iPhone.

2. HTML5: I am just teaching XHTML. It seems xml is not so integrated into HTML. People are using HTML5 for video and animation content. However, I am not so fan of SVG and Canvas. I find it is difficult to program it. I do not want to calculate the coordinates when doing graph. Without proper tool, writing SVG or Canvas has no fun.

3. Web TV: not see the demo yet. However, I can imagine it, as the integration of Web search, content and video.

1 Comments:

  • I agree that SVG is not fun. However, canvas is cool.

    If you have a canvas-compatible browser, check out this little animation :

    http://www.daniel-lemire.com/canvas.html

    You have to press the button to start the animation.

    (Warning: this URI may not remain valid forever, this is just something I threw together in minutes.)

    By Blogger Daniel Lemire, at 6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home