a journal of a researcher

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Scientific excellence and impact

I was asked to have impact from my research. The managers evaluate our research work with impact. I do not know how to define the impact. For them, it is collaboration with companies, technique transfer to companies, create employment and patents. But what I want is scientific excellence, which is evaluated by significant publications, recognition in the research community and international collaborations. For me, the two has this relation: Scientific excellence possibly entitles social impact. But the other direction does not stand. Then what I want is to pursue scientific excellence. If I understand my research better and my knowledge is deeper, I can do the projects in a deeper way. It is to sharpen my knife before cut the bamboo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home